If you’re an online entrepreneur or businessman who has often pondered whether Google Ads or SEO is the best way to grow your business and broaden your online visibility, you’re not alone. Many companies don’t know what strategy can provide the best results when planning their marketing campaigns.
In this blog post, we’ll look at the pros and cons of SEO and Google ads and discuss how they work to help you choose which strategy will be effective for your business.
What is Google Ads and How Does It Work?
Google Ads, previously Google Adwords, is an advertising platform marketers utilize to place their ads in Google products, Google Search Results Pages (SERPs), and thousands of websites in the AdWords program as publishers. It is a pay-per-click (PPC) platform that helps marketers reach interested leads. PPC ads usually appear in search ads, local services ads, Google shopping ads, and retargeting display ads.
The PPC system makes Google Ads more affordable than standard marketing approaches like newspaper ads, television, and radio, as you only pay when users click your ad. The whole Google Ads system works like a big auction where marketers compete for available advertising places and bid for keywords they want to utilize for their ads.
If you want to use Google Ads to your advantage and its full potential, you may work with digital companies that offer search engine marketing. You may click here now to see their list of services.
- Lets you set hours you wish to show specific keywords or phrases.
- Get shown in the top 5 website results or the top of the first page
- Creates custom remarketing lists to show display ads to.
- Lets you track conversions and leads.
- Drives customers to a specific landing page.
- Might take time to get the right keywords to use.
- Can be expensive over time compared to SEO.
- Not a long-term solution.
- Only uses 1 website or domain per account.
What is SEO and How Does It Work?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, involves optimizing site conversions and improving a website’s visibility to search engines and its users through engaging content. This works best for individuals who want to bring in a consistent, stable flow of traffic over time to boost their brand awareness.
To achieve this, it’s vital to ensure your website is search engine friendly, fully responsive on various screen sizes, functional, fast, and has unique content that provides a comfortable experience to end users. Investing in SEO can be fulfilling if you are a marketer with enough time and is willing to play the long game. Hiring a professional SEO agency in Baton Rouge, LA, can help your organization grow even more and give you an edge over competitors.
- No need to pay for clicks.
- Provides organic traffic, resulting in lower abandonment rates.
- Google and search engines prefer optimized websites.
- It’s a reliable long-term option for higher Google ranking.
- May take three to six months of work to see improvements in ranking.
- Requires time and long-term investment.
- You might not often see immediate returns or outcomes, unlike Google Ads.
- Ongoing efforts are needed to maintain higher rankings.
With the details we’ve provided, you may see that Google Ads and SEO differ quite a bit and offer different benefits for specific types of campaigns. These marketing techniques are not competitors but efficient tools you can use in your digital marketing arsenal. Google Ads may look promising if you want fast traffic. However, you will need SEO for sustainable and long-term online success.